Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wall powered modified laser pointer




So, after ruining a few laser pointers, I decided to have another crack at the idea of using an adaptor to power some laser pointers. And this time... success! The voltage I was using was significantly lower (3.0 - 3.3V compared to 4.3 - 4.5V last time)... people learn from mistakes...

So what does this mean? Well, for one I can muck around more with using water as a music controller. Lotsafun there. (Actually- it sounds quite effective, and is very sensitive to the player- see my earlier post regarding this). Maybe I will even try to modulate the laser using audio... then modulate the laser in turn with water... which is fed into a computer's audio input... then processed in some way... which is in turn fed into the lasers input... or something. Giddyup!

The spring was negative, and the body of the lasers were positive. I used an rca connection to connect the power supply up. The tip was positive, whilst the shield/ring was negative.

0 comments: