Last night i started working on a looping tool called "loopo". The idea is to take slices from a sound file and loop them in musical lengths (divisions of a quarter note at a predetermined tempo).
Currently, it has the following features:
- Four voices
- Pitch ratio of each voice (MIDI note C3 = 1.0)
- Visual selection of loop starting point based on waveform display
- LFO to modulate the start and end loop points by a divider or multiplier based on the master tempo
- The depth of the LFO is given in milliseconds
- Musical length selection of each loop length (based on the master tempo)
- Panning for each channel
- EQ section for each channel
I still need to add support for all these functions via MIDI control so that one may meta-mix a remix.
You can view a quick little demo here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-2iBP_DBbyo