Monday, April 28, 2008
I was thinking today about how to make a sync device that has all the features that i want and none that i don't want. So i prototyped a working version of a device which can synchronise multiple Game Boys running LSDJ.
Features so far:
• synchronise up to 15 Game Boys running LSDJ in slave mode.
• two methods of sync: MIDI clock or via an internally generator clock.
• synchronise to an external MIDI clock (from around 35 to over 200 beats per minute when using a DMG).
• synchronise to an internal tempo that is set by two controls.
• one control is for coarse tempo control.
• one control is for fine tempo control.
• requires only a few external components
• potential fun.
Also, you might be interested in these great projects by other people, which all have different features from mine and from each other.
• Trash80's Arduinoboy:
• Gijs Master Clock Generator:
• Firestarter's LSDJMC2:
• Oliver W's Nanoloop MIDI Sync Cable:
Sync Tank Schematic
• PORTD refers to digital I/O 0 - 7
• PORTB refers to digital I/O 8 - 12
• PORTC refers to analog inputs 0 - 5
Game Boy Connection (for each Game Boy):
• Pin numbering is the same as found on this page.
Sync Tank Arduino Code
The code can be downloaded here: