This app / patch creates a connection between a serial port (e.g. BlueTooth, Arduino via FTDI etc) and a virtual MIDI input and output.
Data is passed directly to and from the serial port - no changes are made.
The app has the following options:
- Serial Port: serial device selection
- Baud Rate: speed of connection
- From MIDI bus: data that should go from a MIDI virtual bus to the serial port connection (i.e. serial input)
- To MIDI bus: data that should go to a MIDI virtual bus from the serial port connection (i.e. serial output)
- Data to serial: send bytes to the serial port
- Data from serial: observe bytes coming from the serial port
Settings are automatically saved within a local text file, and are the same when re-opened.
Download OS X application here: http://milkcrate.com.au/_other/downloads/max_patches/SerialThing/SerialThing.zip
Download source patch here: http://milkcrate.com.au/_other/downloads/max_patches/SerialThing/SerialThing.maxpat