I have started to create a game / musical interface based around the classic Laser Wars / Tron cycle-type struture.
The following features have been incorporated:
- Two players (will be four eventually)
- Control basics (up, down, left and right for P1 and w,s,a,d for P2)
- Like Laser Wars, the player is unable to go the opposite direction as to the one they are currently moving in.
- Simple collision detection
- Pal DVD resolution (720 x 576)
- Outputs an image sequence of six frames per second (could eventually be full speed twenty-five) for visual record of a game played.
Why would I be doing this? I think the competative and addictive nature of Laser Wars (in a group context) will make for an interesting hybrid between music and videogames.