Thursday, May 31, 2007

Nintendo ds -> max -> arduino

I am having more fun with Arduino. Check out the YouTube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaWK0QuLqQ (0:40).



"A Nintendo DS lite is running the application KaosDS 1.2. Wireless data from the values of the touchscreen are sent to a laptop via DSMI. The laptop is running Max/MSP.

The Max patch that is currently running takes the data from the DS and controls the amplitude of two sinewaves. The amplitude of one sinewave is based on the X co-ordinates and the other on the Y co-ordinates.

In addition, data is also being sent to an Arduino board that controls the brightness of two LEDs (once again X and Y).
"

Here is the Max/MSP patch and the Arduino sketch:

5 comments:

鲸男 said...

good work!
i use arduino with flash.
nice to meet you.
can i add your blog to my blog's froends list?

Sebastian Tomczak said...

Hi there, thanks for the comment
Ahh, i see you are using a different revision of the NG board than me. Let me know if you come up with anything neat. Arduino + flash, huh. Sounds great!


>> can i add your blog to my blog's froends list?

Go ahead.

鲸男 said...

cool!
let's talk deep!
do you have MSN?
take this
my MSN:whalelikewhale@hotmail.com

Sebastian Tomczak said...

hi there,
i dont have MSN. But you are most welcome to email me if you like: stomczak (at) e-access (dot) com (dot) au

Diana said...

This can't truly have success, I suppose so.