Wednesday, October 15, 2008

nitro2k01 with a small n: INSEX Micro EP

nitro2k01 with a small n has released a very nice so-called "micro EP" of his recent 48hr challenge.

I really like it, although I don't know if I would describe it as "noise music" as he does - it's far too "nice" for that.


There are two things that interest me about this release:

1) The constraints under which it was written / produced.

"'twas a regular day at #hexawe when moustache man schm0uhm complained that no
one accepted his crazy 48h compo request:
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
I challenge anyone to make a track in lsdj using only noise channel and pulse
channel 1*

(*instruments in pulse channel 1 may not exceed 02 in length)"


2) The 'warning' about the .sav file:

"Beware that INSEX Micro EP is recorded from a DS running Lameboy DS, so I
can't guarantee it will sound the same when played back on the real thing. Or
rather, i can affirmatively guarantee it won't sound the same due to certain
differences in how the sound is handled."


Get some goodness into you now. Download it here.

3 comments:

nitro2k01 said...

I hate to complain, but I prefer my nickname to be spelled with a lower-case n.
I even wrote a guide about on how to spell nitro2k01!

Sebastian Tomczak said...

Oh hi there mr. grumpy! :) i've fixed the error of my ways now.

nitro2k01 said...

Haha thanks.