I have made a very simple max object in order to use the Game of Live by Conway with the LCD object in Max/MSP.
Here is an overview of the arguments, inlets and outlets.
- Argument 1 is the width of the LCD in pixels
- Argument 2 is the height of the LCD in pixels
- Inlet 1 is the trigger to generate the next iteration (via a bang)
- Inlet 2 is the R colour output component
- Inlet 3 is the G colour output component
- Inlet 4 is the B colour output component
- Inlet 5 should be connected to the gated output from the LCD (see below)
- Inlet 6 should be connected to the gated output from the LCD (see below)
Download and Install
Get the .class file here and the .jav file here.
Move to the directory: Max 5 > Cycling '74 > java > classes
To use in a patch, create a new object box and type mxj gol [xwidth] [ywidth]
To edit, create a new object box and type mxj quickie gol