Friday, July 24, 2009

Performance-worthy Sega Mega Drive 2







I've installed TmEE's Genesis 2 Crystal Clear Audio Mod, and I have to say I am very happy with the outcome. Sounds awesome! Thanks Tiido!

I can highly recommend this mod to anyone thinking of making music with a Genesis / Mega Drive 2.

The mod was much easier to install than I thought, TmEE has made some very clear instructions, and even the parts that I thought might be hard (removing the caps from the original board, removing SMD resistors) were actually very easy.

Now for a very quick audio example: Before / After.

2 comments:

10k said...

HOLY SHIIIT!

Penelope said...

from your recordings, it sounds like the mod causes filtering in a different frequency range to the original circuitry (which obviously filters out a lot of high freqs)

overall the sample playback sounds nicer with the mod, though

thanks for posting! :)